Immigration Issues/H1B extension

Within the 6 years of an individual's stay in the USA how many times a H1B petition can be extended? H1B is issued from October month, and if an individual moves to the US in following July, he would lose 9 months of initial 3 years of validity of the H1B. He may wish to extend it by another 3 years, and continue to stay upto 5 years and 3 months totally, and H1 petition would expire then.
Can he extend the same petition again for 9 months, to complete permitted 6 years in the US?

An H-1B beneficiary if employed can stay in the US for 6 years. He can recapture any period of stay outside the US. In your case the 6 year clock will start only after you enter the US on H visa.

Ramasamy Krishnan

Ramasamy Krishnan

Immigration particularly business immigration and National Interest Waivers.

I have over 7 years of experience in all facets of immigration law. Specifically focusing on filing of National Interest Waivers (NIW), Alien of Extraordinary Ability and Outstanding Researchers/Professors petitions for Ph.D's and other advanced degree professionals. I have also assisted clients in numerous PERM, H-1b, L and other nonimmigrant visa applications. I am a partner at the law firm Ashley & Krishnan,