Immigration Issues/H4-h1 & stamping.

I came to USA on June -2006& applied for H1B  visa in Apr - 2007. My visa got approved & I got papers in 2007 - OCT. I started working from Jan- 2008. We are planing to go to India in Jun - 2008 & I want my H1B visa get stamped , before we go to India. Can we go to Bahmas for H1 stamping? or we need to go to Canada or Mexico only? Plz also let me know the processes for H1 stamping in other than home country.

You could get your visa stamped at any US consulate provided the consulate agrees to take visa applications from third country nationals.   Canada and Mexico do so and if there is some problem in the process at either consulates you can reenter the US on the visa revalidation rule.  
Good Luck
Mark Ashley

Mark Ashley

Business Immigration. My practice focuses on representing researchers, scholars, and other advanced degree professionals with filing NIW, EB-1,O-1, H-1, L-1 petitions. I am a founding partner in the immigration law firm Ashley & Krishnan,

18 years as a practicing attorney.

Member of AILA

JD from St. Mary's University, Texas.

American Jurisprudence Award recipient