You are here:

Immigration Issues/Husbands H1 transfer in process. Can I apply for H4 now??


Hi ,
Currently my husband is in US on H1. Me and our son are here at India.
We want to apply for H4 visa. But my husband is transfering his H1 .
His H1 transfer is in process (not PP). When can I apply for H4. After the H1 transfer or I can apply now?? Plz need some advice in this.

Thanks in advance


You can apply at any time, provided your husband is able to provide all the supporting documentation related to his work. It would be better for you to apply after the approval since on entry to the US your I-94 will reflect the extended stay period.

Best of luck,
Ramasamy Krishnan

Immigration Issues

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Ramasamy Krishnan


Immigration particularly business immigration and National Interest Waivers.


I have over 7 years of experience in all facets of immigration law. Specifically focusing on filing of National Interest Waivers (NIW), Alien of Extraordinary Ability and Outstanding Researchers/Professors petitions for Ph.D's and other advanced degree professionals. I have also assisted clients in numerous PERM, H-1b, L and other nonimmigrant visa applications. I am a partner at the law firm Ashley & Krishnan,

©2017 All rights reserved.