Immigration Issues/Immigration

Question
Hi

I was a H-1 with company A and transfered to company B and that is approved but Company A has not canceled my H-1 I wanted to go back to school to F-1 so I just have the Company A approval letter.I donot have any pay stub from any company and I donot have any paper of Company B so Company A approval letter will be enough or not.

Thanks
Rahul

Answer
Hi Rahul,

In order to change status to F-1, you should provide evidence that you are currently maintaining H-1B status. Therefore, you should be ready to provide H-1B approval notice and recent pay stubs. These recent pay stubs should be from Co. A, but can be from Co. B if you can provide evidence that Co. B's H-1B petition was approved by the USCIS.

Ajay K. Arora, Esq.
www.h1b1.com

Ajay K. Arora