Immigration Issues/Immigration


Dear sir

I had the H-1 with company y and I transfer to another company Z and now the company z is threating me that the company is going to cancel my H-1 but the company Y has not cancel the H-1. Can I go back to company Y although I worked few month with company Z. Is any legal procedure to join company Y or I can work immediately.Because I donot want to be out of status."

It it my opinion you can just return to the original company y.  Assuming you company y will take you back and has not canceled the original H1, you can go back to the original company and they do not need to file a new H1 for you as the original should still be valid.
Good Luck
Mark Ashley

Immigration Issues

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Mark Ashley


Business Immigration. My practice focuses on representing researchers, scholars, and other advanced degree professionals with filing NIW, EB-1,O-1, H-1, L-1 petitions. I am a founding partner in the immigration law firm Ashley & Krishnan,


18 years as a practicing attorney.

Member of AILA

JD from St. Mary's University, Texas.

Awards and Honors
American Jurisprudence Award recipient

©2017 All rights reserved.