Immigration Issues/Immigration

Question
Dear Sir

I am working right now in one company on H-1 and I am applying to go back to F-1. My class start on May 05 so after getting I-20 on May 1 did I still had to work for that company after getting I-20 because I will applying the change of status on May 1 and my employee will give me a letter stating that I was working from Oct 2007 and still working for that company.Is that will be okay or they had to mentioned that the last date will be April 30 and if I apply on May 1 then I will be out of status coz there is a difference of 1 day and again mailing all the document to USCIS will take 2-3 days so that will affect or not.

Answer
Kumar,
The best option would be to obtain the I-20 and apply for the change to F as soon as possible and not wait until May 1st. You need to be in status when you apply for a change of status so it would be preferable that the letter state that you are currently employed.

Sincerely,
Ramasamy Krishnan
www.ashleykrishnan.com

Ramasamy Krishnan