Immigration Issues/Immigration

Question
QUESTION: Dear sir
I am working on H-1 with Company A from Oct 2007 since I transfered to another Company B and now that is pending and I decided to go back to F-1 so it that will be a problem to go to F-1 by showing the H-1 approval of Company A and their pay stub coz I heard that I cannot file a change of status to F-1 when other H-1 transfer is pending this show that I am applying for two status at the same time.And if the F-1 approved first and later that pending H-1 get approved then  then my status will be H-1.

Please help me out.
Garima

ANSWER: Hi Garima,

F-1 application can be filed now. However, you should not withdraw the pending H-1B application. For you to be granted change of status to F-1, Co. B's H-1B petition must be approved. The H-1B petition will hopefully be approved prior to F-1 approval. (If for some reason the H-1B petition through Co. B is approved after F-1 approval, you will be back in H-1B status, and then the way to activate your F-1 status will be to travel outside the U.S. and apply for F-1 visa at a U.S. Consulate [in most cases in your home country]).

Ajay K. Arora, Esq.
www.h1b1.com

QUESTION: Hi Sir

Since the H-1 transfer was done on Dec 20 but still the H-1 of Company B is still pending and I donot have any paper of company B but I am still working with company A so I donot understand why the H-1 petition of Company B should be approved in order to grant me the F-1 status.Please help me out.

Answer
Hi Garima,

Actually, I stand corrected. Since you are still continuing to work for Co. A (and I assume have not joined Co. B concurrently), then the F-1 application can be filed requesting change of status from Co. A. I recommend withdrawing the H-1B petition through Co. B (if Co. B's petition is approved after F-1 approval, then you will be back in H-1B status).

Ajay K. Arora, Esq.
www.h1b1.com

Ajay K. Arora