Immigration Issues/Immigration

Dear Sir

I came to USA on F-1 and changed to H-1 and now I decided to go back to F-1.So How long it will take for USCIS for H-1 to F-1 approval. And I heard that sometime the USCIS told to go back to home country to activate the F-1 status but my F-1 visa on my passport is still valid for 2009.Did I also has to go back if they reject my H-1 to F-1 approval in order to activate the F-1 status

I am not sure exactly how long it would take but it approximately takes around 5-6 months to change your status from F to H based on current processing times.  If they reject your change of status you continue to be on H status provided it is valid and you continue to be employed.

Best of Luck.
Ramasamy Krishnan

Ramasamy Krishnan

Immigration particularly business immigration and National Interest Waivers.

I have over 7 years of experience in all facets of immigration law. Specifically focusing on filing of National Interest Waivers (NIW), Alien of Extraordinary Ability and Outstanding Researchers/Professors petitions for Ph.D's and other advanced degree professionals. I have also assisted clients in numerous PERM, H-1b, L and other nonimmigrant visa applications. I am a partner at the law firm Ashley & Krishnan,