Immigration Issues/Immigration

Question
Dear Sir

I came to USA on F-1 and changed to H-1 and now I decided to go back to F-1.So How long it will take for USCIS for H-1 to F-1 approval. And I heard that sometime the USCIS told to go back to home country to activate the F-1 status but my F-1 visa on my passport is still valid for 2009.Did I also has to go back if they reject my H-1 to F-1 approval in order to activate the F-1 status

Thanks
Rupa

Answer
Rupa,
I am not sure exactly how long it would take but it approximately takes around 5-6 months to change your status from F to H based on current processing times.  If they reject your change of status you continue to be on H status provided it is valid and you continue to be employed.

Best of Luck.
Sincerely,
Ramasamy Krishnan
www.ashleykrishnan.com

Ramasamy Krishnan