Immigration Issues/Immigration

Question
Dear Sir

I would like to first appreciate your service.

I come on USA on F-1 status and now I am in H-1 from Oct 2007 from company A and now I transfer to company B on Dec 15 but still pending and I just filled the Form I-9 Employment Eligibilty Verification but I am not start working in that company. I am still working with the company A. Now I am going back to school on May 2008 for my MBA. So I just have all the paper of Company A and recent paycheck so is that a problem of not showing company B in picture while applying to change of status from H-1 to F-1 coz I donot have any paper of company B.

Please help me out.

Thanks
Megha  

Answer
Hi Megha,

Since you are continuing to work for Co. A, there will be no problem if change of status to F-1 is filed and you attach pay stubs only from Co. A.

Co. B can be left out of the picture altogether...you are continuing to maintain H-1B status even if you never started working for Co. B, since you can have multiple H-1B approval notices and maintain H-1B status through employment by at least one H-1B employer.

Ajay K. Arora, Esq.
www.h1b1.com

Ajay K. Arora