Immigration Issues/Immigration

Question
Hi

How risky is changing H-1 to F-1 status when that person in USA when that person first come in F-1 status while entering in USA

Answer

There is practically no risk of "fraudulent entry" or similar issues as long as you were in H-1 status for at least two months before filing change of status application to F-1. I am assuming that you were maintaining H-1B status for those two months at least (for example, you were paid at least the agreed upon salary as noted in the petition that was filed by the company).

Ajay K. Arora, Esq.
www.h1b1.com

Ajay K. Arora