Immigration Issues/Immigration


Dear Sir

I heard that while applying the change of status from H-1 to F-1 the INS need a proof that the person is going back to their home country after completion of study. So I could somebody prove that.  

Yes you should intend to return home. There is no need for you to provide such evidence (I do not know how you can prove this) while applying for a change of status. However, if you have a pending immigrant petition then USCIS will not approve your F-1 stay as it is evident that you intend to stay in the US.

Ramasamy Krishnan

Immigration Issues

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Ramasamy Krishnan


Immigration particularly business immigration and National Interest Waivers.


I have over 7 years of experience in all facets of immigration law. Specifically focusing on filing of National Interest Waivers (NIW), Alien of Extraordinary Ability and Outstanding Researchers/Professors petitions for Ph.D's and other advanced degree professionals. I have also assisted clients in numerous PERM, H-1b, L and other nonimmigrant visa applications. I am a partner at the law firm Ashley & Krishnan,

©2017 All rights reserved.