Immigration Issues/J1 waiver

Question
Hi,I applied for j1 waiver on persecution basis. And DOS sent favourable recommedations to USCIS in sept.2007.Now uscis sent me a letter saying that my case is delayed because  i dont have H1 visa for me.
Does this make sense.what are my options. can i apply for H1 on DOS recommendations.I would really appreciate your help

Answer
Sajid,
It does not make sense to me either. As to how J-1 waiver is connected to H visa availability. Previously, I have applied for H with the DOS recommendation and USCIS has approved both the H and J waiver. But recent reports from the USCIS suggest that they will accept H only after the USCIS approval.

Sincerely,
Ramasamy Krishnan
www.ashleykrishnan.com

Ramasamy Krishnan