Immigration Issues/K1 or CR1 visa


I am an American citizen livig in Mexico with my daughter and Mexican husand.  Our family wants to be able to live in the states and Mexico both for part of each year. Should we apply for my husbands immigrant or nonimmigrant K1 visa since we do not plan on living full time in the states.  Also will my husband be able to work legally right away with his K1 visa.  Just a side note..we were married here in Mexico, not in the states.  Does that change anything.. Thank you so much for your help...sincerely, ashley lacroix

It would be a K3 not a K1, since you are already married. Once he gets here with K3 or Immigrant visa he can work legally. Where you married does not change anything. K3 would be faster to get here but it will take longer to process the green card once you get here.



Immigration Issues

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Robert Hollander<B> Esq.</B>



©2017 All rights reserved.

[an error occurred while processing this directive]