Immigration Issues/L1 to H1

Hi Ramswamy,
My wife is presently in US on L1 with Co A and her I94 is valid till Nov2008. Now we are planning to apply H1B with Co B for this year quota. Assuming if her H1B petition approved
Can she work with Co A till Oct 1st?
If she wants to continue to work with Co A even after H1B approved with Co B what we need to do for that (I heard we can apply for H1B with out applying change of status)

Kindly suggest us.

She can continue to work on L-1 until Oct 1st or the H-1B start date. She can also continue to work on L if her H-1B is filed as consular processing and not as a change of status. In this event she would need to re-enter on H visa to work on H status.

Ramasamy Krishnan

Ramasamy Krishnan

Immigration particularly business immigration and National Interest Waivers.

I have over 7 years of experience in all facets of immigration law. Specifically focusing on filing of National Interest Waivers (NIW), Alien of Extraordinary Ability and Outstanding Researchers/Professors petitions for Ph.D's and other advanced degree professionals. I have also assisted clients in numerous PERM, H-1b, L and other nonimmigrant visa applications. I am a partner at the law firm Ashley & Krishnan,