Immigration Issues/L1 to H1

Question
Hi Ramswamy,
My wife is presently in US on L1 with Co A and her I94 is valid till Nov2008. Now we are planning to apply H1B with Co B for this year quota. Assuming if her H1B petition approved
Can she work with Co A till Oct 1st?
If she wants to continue to work with Co A even after H1B approved with Co B what we need to do for that (I heard we can apply for H1B with out applying change of status)

Kindly suggest us.

Sub

Answer
Sub,
She can continue to work on L-1 until Oct 1st or the H-1B start date. She can also continue to work on L if her H-1B is filed as consular processing and not as a change of status. In this event she would need to re-enter on H visa to work on H status.

Sincerely,
Ramasamy Krishnan
www.ashleykrishnan.com

Ramasamy Krishnan