You are here:

Immigration Issues/L1B to H1B change of status


I am in L1B valid until 2009 and currently applying for H1B in Apr-2008. I have requested my new employer not to change my status until dec-08. Does the new employer need my signature in change of status application ? How do I know that he has applied for change of status.

There are only 65000 H-1 s available each year. They get mroe than 65000 applications on 4/1/08 to start work 10/1/08. You can not file more than 6 months prior to start date. If they wait until 608 to file, there will be no more H1s left. The I-129 form is used both to file for H and to request change of status. My guess is that he will apply on 4/1/08 and state that your employment will begin 10/1/08.



Immigration Issues

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Robert Hollander<B> Esq.</B>



©2017 All rights reserved.