Immigration Issues/Letter of completion and I-129

Hello Mr.Ashley,

I am a masters student graduating in May 2008. However, I would be finishing my degree requirements in March,2008. To apply under Master's cap, I would be taking a letter of completion from the university stating that I have completed all my degree requirements on 'Date A' and the degree would be awarded on May 10, 2008.

Now, my question is based on this information what should be filled in I-129 form, Part A, Question 5, Page 10 which asks:

Date Degree Awarded:

If the date is mentioned as 10 May,2008 , would my application be still accepted as this date would be after the date of application and may leave ambiguity about whether I am eligible for Master's cap or not.

Please suggest.  

Mention the date degree is awarded.  Your employer/lawyer should know the rules.  It is no big deal as long as you have a letter from the registrar or another with authority from the school stating that you have completed all the requirments.
Mark Ashley

Mark Ashley

Business Immigration. My practice focuses on representing researchers, scholars, and other advanced degree professionals with filing NIW, EB-1,O-1, H-1, L-1 petitions. I am a founding partner in the immigration law firm Ashley & Krishnan,

18 years as a practicing attorney.

Member of AILA

JD from St. Mary's University, Texas.

American Jurisprudence Award recipient