You are here:

Immigration Issues/f1 to GC thru marriage from GC holder


I am currently a student here in USA since January 2007. I am going to marry a GC holder. I heard that I should leave USA if I wanna apply for GC b/s she is not yet a USA citizin. is that true? actualy I need to apply for GC to benefit from finantial supports and grants in the university for GC holder or citizins... wht can I do?
thnx in advance,

You cannot apply for GC immediately based on your marriage to a US resident. Depending on your country of birth you may have to wait for more than couple of years before you can become eligible to file for your Adjustment of status.

Ramasamy Krishnan

Immigration Issues

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Ramasamy Krishnan


Immigration particularly business immigration and National Interest Waivers.


I have over 7 years of experience in all facets of immigration law. Specifically focusing on filing of National Interest Waivers (NIW), Alien of Extraordinary Ability and Outstanding Researchers/Professors petitions for Ph.D's and other advanced degree professionals. I have also assisted clients in numerous PERM, H-1b, L and other nonimmigrant visa applications. I am a partner at the law firm Ashley & Krishnan,

©2017 All rights reserved.