Immigration Issues/f1 to GC thru marriage from GC holder

Question
I am currently a student here in USA since January 2007. I am going to marry a GC holder. I heard that I should leave USA if I wanna apply for GC b/s she is not yet a USA citizin. is that true? actualy I need to apply for GC to benefit from finantial supports and grants in the university for GC holder or citizins... wht can I do?
thnx in advance,
kam

Answer
Kam,
You cannot apply for GC immediately based on your marriage to a US resident. Depending on your country of birth you may have to wait for more than couple of years before you can become eligible to file for your Adjustment of status.

Sincerely,
Ramasamy Krishnan
www.ashleykrishnan.com

Ramasamy Krishnan