Immigration Issues/f2b petition withrawal

Question
QUESTION: my mother petitioned me under f2b category and my priority date is june 18, 1997 and based from the visa bulletin, currently, january 1997 priority date is already been processed. My mom has withrawn the petition  bec. my whole family applied for tourist visa and we were advised by an immigration consultant here in the philipines to withraw the petition to convince the consul that I don't have plans to settle in the u.s., unfortunately, we got denied. My mom is an LPR and is now adjusting her status to become a u.s. citizen, my question is can my mom re file the said f2b category? or what could be your advise on this matter?Thanks

ANSWER: Once she becomes a cititzenm she can file for you in the F1A category which is much quicker. That was ahuge mistake to withdraw the petition.

Robert

QUESTION: thank you Robert for your immediate response. Could you give me an idea of the F1A category? how long is the processing time?thank you

ANSWER: They are currently working on cases filed in 2002. Your mother's 1197 petition grandfatehrs you in to be able to get your interview here when the f1a case coems to the front of the line.

Robert

QUESTION: Thanks! I'm married, can i bring my kids and husband with the F1A family petition category?

Answer
If you are married your f2b petition could not have gone through anyway. Permanent residents cannot petition married children. Your husband and kids can come with you but you would be in the F3A category which is backed uo to May 2000.

Robert

Robert Hollander<B> Esq.</B>