Immigration Issues/nanny immigartion


My husband and I live here for the last 5 years. We came from Brazil as L visa and we have greencard now.We brought a nanny to take care of my kids and she has B1 but will expire soon. I heard with greencard i can not have her here with B1 anymore, what options do I have?

You can try to get an extension on the B1 visa or you could go through the PERM process.  This forum is quite limited and it would be impossible to explain all that would be required for a PERM.  I would suggest that you consult with a local immigration attorney to help you with this.
Good Luck
Mark Ashley

Immigration Issues

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Mark Ashley


Business Immigration. My practice focuses on representing researchers, scholars, and other advanced degree professionals with filing NIW, EB-1,O-1, H-1, L-1 petitions. I am a founding partner in the immigration law firm Ashley & Krishnan,


18 years as a practicing attorney.

Member of AILA

JD from St. Mary's University, Texas.

Awards and Honors
American Jurisprudence Award recipient

©2017 All rights reserved.