You are here:

Immigration Issues/spousal rights during immigration process


I am married to a Mexican immigrant he is here illegally in 98 he entered with a visa... visa has since expired.. he was caught in LA during work and was issued a letter of deportation back in 1999.. never left.. I am in the process of getting his paperwork together with an immigration lawyer and have signed a affidavit of support.  I have since learned that my husband had cheated on me on 3 different occasions.  I no longer want to go through this.. What are my rights?  Will I get in trouble with the law??

You can write a letter asking to withdraw the I-130 petition you filed for him. If you do not sign any more papers for him he can not get hsi green card from you. He will need to get his deportation case reopened before he can get a green card through any sponsor.



Immigration Issues

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Robert Hollander<B> Esq.</B>



©2017 All rights reserved.

[an error occurred while processing this directive]