Immigration Issues/can u help me?


my dad mom filed for his paper work as married son with kids....what i wanted to know is that i was 19 at the time when that paper work were filed and bin just waiting for the case date to come up....would i get through now that i am over 21 or do they look at the time the papers were file??

is it still possible to marry a u.s. citizen in america as an illigal immagrant? and what are the steps?

         thank you for your help

If you are parents are permanent residents then they have to file again after you reach 21. Also there is the issue of getting time back based on the Child Status Protection Act.

If they filed your papers before April 2001 then you can file for your permanent residency based on marriage to US citizen.

I would advise you to contact an immigration attorney to review all your options.

Ramasamy Krishnan

Immigration Issues

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Ramasamy Krishnan


Immigration particularly business immigration and National Interest Waivers.


I have over 7 years of experience in all facets of immigration law. Specifically focusing on filing of National Interest Waivers (NIW), Alien of Extraordinary Ability and Outstanding Researchers/Professors petitions for Ph.D's and other advanced degree professionals. I have also assisted clients in numerous PERM, H-1b, L and other nonimmigrant visa applications. I am a partner at the law firm Ashley & Krishnan,

©2017 All rights reserved.