Immigration Issues/I-797 B amendment denial..

Question
hello sir
I need urgent help pls,
I did master from US and I applied for H1 with my opt on april 2007, and after a month of filing, my opt expired on may31  and i joined college before opt expiration and i had I-20 till Nov 22, 2007 before H1 starts ( oct 4), but i received i-797b(without I-94)showing the POE back home on June 29, instead of 797-a . So then my company filed for amendment for COS with my valid I-20 on July 9. I received I-797,notice of action stating notice date August 30, 2007 and now i received a denial from USCIS on March 19 and now i don't have f-1 or opt . What would be the best option for me to take further steps? Could you please give me the suggesstions.
Thank you for your kind cooperation.

Regards

Raj

Answer
Hi Raj,

You are not currently maintaining valid nonimmigrant visa status in the U.S. Therefore, you should depart the U.S. and apply for H-1B visa stamp at a U.S. Consulate in your home country based on the H-1B approval notice that you had received in 2007.

Ajay K. Arora, Esq.
www.h1b1.com

Ajay K. Arora