Immigration Issues/COS to F2 Question

Question
I am on OPT which will expire on May 15th and am planning to apply for H1 in April. My husband is on F1 as well which is valid till July 2009. In order to bridge the gap, I am planning to apply for a F2. Suppose my husband's school issues a dependent I20 now, will I lose my OPT immediately? Suppose my F2 is still in processing after my 60 day grace period, am I still on valid status here?

Answer
Pavithra,
You need to file the I-129 with the I-539 receipt and ask the USCIS to match both the applications. The issuance of a I-20 will not cause your OPT to expire. And you will be in an authorized period of stay while your F-2 is pending.  

Sincerely,
Ramasamy Krishnan
www.ashleykrishnan.com

Ramasamy Krishnan