Immigration Issues/COS from L1B to F1

Question
Hi, I am currently in US on L1B visa for the past one year.Now I plan to attend school from may 2008. If I apply for a change of status(COS):
1. Will my employer get to know about my COS application? Since L1B is employer specific visa, would I be still in legal status between my resignation and COS getting approved?
2. Can I join the school before the COS is approved. If yes, is there a possibility that my COS application can be denied.In that case, would I be in an illegal status?
3. I have heard that only for B1/B2 visas, one has to wait till the COS gets approved to attend the school. Does it apply to L1B ?

Answer
Abhishek,
1) NO your employer will not get to know. And you will be authorized period of stay during the time your COS is pending.
2) You can join school and if it is denied you will be out of status.
3) YES.

Sincerely,
Ramasamy Krishnan
www.ashleykrishnan.com

Ramasamy Krishnan