Immigration Issues/Follow to Join

Question
Dear Sir,
I applied for I-485 through EB2 and my case is pending now. I am planning to go back to my country and get married. My understanding is that i can get married and bring my wife with me and then she can apply for I485 (if my case is not approved yet). However, my fiance is in school and It is going to be difficult for her to come right away. My questions are;
if she decides to come, how long does she have to stay her and apply for the I485 before she can get back to her country?
2- If she can't make it and come right away, we can apply for I824 right? How long does it usually take? months, or years?

Wassim

Answer
Wassim,
You can bring your wife only after you obtain your permanent residency. However, if you are currently in H visa, then you could bring her in on H-4 and apply for her permanent residency. Then she can travel out after applying for advance parole to enable her to complete her study.

Sincerely,
Ramasamy Krishnan
www.ashleykrishnan.com

Ramasamy Krishnan