Immigration Issues/Immigration

Question
Dear Sir

While changing the status from H-1 to F-1 whether the USCIS will also notify to the company that the employee is changing the status from H-1 to F-1 and the company which I  had the H-1 the paper was signed by American director now the director has been changed and now the Indian person is the director because that time the Indian Person is not a green card holder and now the Indian person has the green card so he is running the company and the letter which I will get will be signed by that Indian person so INS will suspect and call the company to verify it or not.Because the company which I am working is the consulting firm.

Answer
Hi Rajani,

Your H-1B employer will have no knowledge that you have filed an application to change status to F-1 (unless you decide to tell your company, of course).

The USCIS will consider whether you have been maintaining H-1B status before approving the F-1 application. This is shown through attaching recent pay stubs issued by your H-1B employer and attaching these pay stubs to the F-1 application filed with the USCIS. The USCIS does not care about the company's director or officers, so change of management or personnel will not be a problem.

Ajay K. Arora, Esq.
www.h1b1.com

Ajay K. Arora