Immigration Issues/Immigration

Question
Dear Sir

I was the F-1 student and finished my Bachelor Degree and later I changed to H-1 now I am  and going for my full time MBA on May 2008 but now my F-1 visa in passport is still valid on Dec 2008 so while changing the status from H-1 to F-1 the quicker way is leaving the US and come back that will changed automatically coz if I changed within the USA it will take 5-6 month. Did I again have to apply for F-1 visa but my F-1 visa is still valid on Dec 2008.Please help me.

Thanks
Roy

Answer
Roy,
I am not sure if I can answer your question definetly. Check this out http://travel.state.gov/visa/laws/telegrams/telegrams_2780.html.

Based on this I think that if there is a break of more than 5 months you will need to apply for new F visa to reenter the US even though you did not leave the country.

Best of luck.
Sincerely,
Ramasamy Krishnan
www.ashleykrishnan.com

Ramasamy Krishnan