Immigration Issues/Immigration


Dear Sir

I was the F-1 student and finished my Bachelor Degree and later I changed to H-1 now I am  and going for my full time MBA on May 2008 but now my F-1 visa in passport is still valid on Dec 2008 so while changing the status from H-1 to F-1 the quicker way is leaving the US and come back that will changed automatically coz if I changed within the USA it will take 5-6 month. Did I again have to apply for F-1 visa but my F-1 visa is still valid on Dec 2008.Please help me.


I am not sure if I can answer your question definetly. Check this out

Based on this I think that if there is a break of more than 5 months you will need to apply for new F visa to reenter the US even though you did not leave the country.

Best of luck.
Ramasamy Krishnan

Immigration Issues

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Ramasamy Krishnan


Immigration particularly business immigration and National Interest Waivers.


I have over 7 years of experience in all facets of immigration law. Specifically focusing on filing of National Interest Waivers (NIW), Alien of Extraordinary Ability and Outstanding Researchers/Professors petitions for Ph.D's and other advanced degree professionals. I have also assisted clients in numerous PERM, H-1b, L and other nonimmigrant visa applications. I am a partner at the law firm Ashley & Krishnan,

©2017 All rights reserved.