Immigration Issues/Immigration

Question
Dear sir

I am in one doubt since I am applying the change of status from H-1 to F-1 and I heard that once I file the change of status from H-1 to F-1 did I had still had to mention the H-1 status or not because I heard that you can only leave the job only when your F-1 application is approved but since my school starting on April 1 so if I go to school how could I can maintain the H-1 status.

Thanks
Rupa

Answer
Rupa,
You heard wrong. As long as you are in valid status when you file for a change of status you should be fine to start school. The reason that you need to be in H status until the change is approved is that if your COS is denied then you would become out of status.

Sincerely,
Ramasamy Krishnan
www.ashleykrishnan.com

Ramasamy Krishnan