Immigration Issues/Immigration

Dear sir

I am in one doubt since I am applying the change of status from H-1 to F-1 and I heard that once I file the change of status from H-1 to F-1 did I had still had to mention the H-1 status or not because I heard that you can only leave the job only when your F-1 application is approved but since my school starting on April 1 so if I go to school how could I can maintain the H-1 status.

You heard wrong. As long as you are in valid status when you file for a change of status you should be fine to start school. The reason that you need to be in H status until the change is approved is that if your COS is denied then you would become out of status.

Ramasamy Krishnan

Ramasamy Krishnan

Immigration particularly business immigration and National Interest Waivers.

I have over 7 years of experience in all facets of immigration law. Specifically focusing on filing of National Interest Waivers (NIW), Alien of Extraordinary Ability and Outstanding Researchers/Professors petitions for Ph.D's and other advanced degree professionals. I have also assisted clients in numerous PERM, H-1b, L and other nonimmigrant visa applications. I am a partner at the law firm Ashley & Krishnan,