Immigration Issues/Immigration

Question
Dear Sir

I am changing my status from H-1 to F-1 by joining the Kaplan that issue the I-20 for 6 month so I heard that the change of status takes almost 7 month so while making the decision the  I-20 will be expired at that time so So again can I issue the new I-20 when it expire after 6 month so USCIS will consider this or not or they simply reject when they see the expired I-20 when they are come up to the decision after 6-7 month.

Thanks
Rupa

Answer
Hi Rupa,

If the change of status application takes longer than I-20 validity for approval, the approval notice will probably be valid for only one day, which means that you will need to depart the U.S. upon approval.

Hopefully you will have other options as well such as a company filing an H-1B petition for you.

Ajay K. Arora, Esq.
www.h1b1.com

Ajay K. Arora