Immigration Issues/Immigration

Dear Sir

I am changing my status from H-1 to F-1 by joining the Kaplan that issue the I-20 for 6 month so I heard that the change of status takes almost 7 month so while making the decision the I-20 will be expired at that time  So again can I issue the new I-20 when it expire after 6 month so USCIS will consider this or not or they simply reject when they see the expired I-20 when they are come up to the decision after 6-7 month.

You need to state in your H-1B application the issue and also include the receipt of the I-539. This would get you an RFE and at that time you can show that you have been maintaining your status.

Ramasamy Krishnan

Ramasamy Krishnan

Immigration particularly business immigration and National Interest Waivers.

I have over 7 years of experience in all facets of immigration law. Specifically focusing on filing of National Interest Waivers (NIW), Alien of Extraordinary Ability and Outstanding Researchers/Professors petitions for Ph.D's and other advanced degree professionals. I have also assisted clients in numerous PERM, H-1b, L and other nonimmigrant visa applications. I am a partner at the law firm Ashley & Krishnan,