Immigration Issues/Immigration

Question
Dear Sir

I am changing my status from H-1 to F-1 by joining the Kaplan that issue the I-20 for 6 month so I heard that the change of status takes almost 7 month so while making the decision the I-20 will be expired at that time  So again can I issue the new I-20 when it expire after 6 month so USCIS will consider this or not or they simply reject when they see the expired I-20 when they are come up to the decision after 6-7 month.

Thanks

Rupa

Answer
Rupa,
You need to state in your H-1B application the issue and also include the receipt of the I-539. This would get you an RFE and at that time you can show that you have been maintaining your status.

Sincerely,
Ramasamy Krishnan
www.ashleykrishnan.com

Ramasamy Krishnan