Immigration Issues/Immigration


Dear Sir

I am changing my status from H-1 to F-1 by joining the Kaplan that issue the I-20 for 6 month so I heard that the change of status takes almost 7 month so while making the decision the I-20 will be expired at that time  So again can I issue the new I-20 when it expire after 6 month so USCIS will consider this or not or they simply reject when they see the expired I-20 when they are come up to the decision after 6-7 month.



You need to state in your H-1B application the issue and also include the receipt of the I-539. This would get you an RFE and at that time you can show that you have been maintaining your status.

Ramasamy Krishnan

Immigration Issues

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Ramasamy Krishnan


Immigration particularly business immigration and National Interest Waivers.


I have over 7 years of experience in all facets of immigration law. Specifically focusing on filing of National Interest Waivers (NIW), Alien of Extraordinary Ability and Outstanding Researchers/Professors petitions for Ph.D's and other advanced degree professionals. I have also assisted clients in numerous PERM, H-1b, L and other nonimmigrant visa applications. I am a partner at the law firm Ashley & Krishnan,

©2017 All rights reserved.