Immigration Issues/Immigration

Question
Dear Sir

Thanks for your free service. I am working on H-1 from Oct from company A and I transfer to another company B but that is pending and I am planning to go to F-1 status but I am still working for Company A. I donot have any receipt of company B. I am so worried when I apply to F-1 status the USCIS will suspect why I transfer to company B and they might reject my F-1. I am so worried did I had to wait for the approval of company B or I can apply right now to F-1 with company A approval and their recent pay check.

Please help me.

Thanks
Vijaya

Answer
Hi Vijaya,

When filing change of status application from H-1B to F-1, attaching recent pay stubs from Co. A is adequate. Moreover, H visa status is a nonimmigrant visa category, so the filing of an H-1B petition by Co. B should not negatively impact approval of the change of status application to F-1.

There is no need to mention the H-1B petition filing by Co. B when the change of status application to F-1 is filed. In any event, as noted above, even if the USCIS is aware that Co. B has filed, there should be no problem as you are maintaining H-1B status by continuing to work for Co. A.

Ajay K. Arora, Esq.
www.h1b1.com

Ajay K. Arora