Immigration Issues/L1


Can i pursue full-time/part-time masters on L1? If I am on L1 and I get an admit from a univ, can I get my L1 converted to F1 in the US itself or do I have to come back to India for it?

I am not sure what your question is , but in general both L and H visa holders can take courses incident to status to enhance their professional development. They can be part time student as long as the principal purpose of their stay in the US is employment.

If you wish to change your status to F-1 for full time study, you can either apply for a change of status in the US or you can reenter the US after obtaining a F-visa.

Ramasamy Krishnan  

Immigration Issues

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Ramasamy Krishnan


Immigration particularly business immigration and National Interest Waivers.


I have over 7 years of experience in all facets of immigration law. Specifically focusing on filing of National Interest Waivers (NIW), Alien of Extraordinary Ability and Outstanding Researchers/Professors petitions for Ph.D's and other advanced degree professionals. I have also assisted clients in numerous PERM, H-1b, L and other nonimmigrant visa applications. I am a partner at the law firm Ashley & Krishnan,

©2017 All rights reserved.