Immigration Issues/L1/L2 VISAS


my company is sending me to USA on L1 visas and my wife and son will be travelling on L2 visa, my mother (60 years),widow, is staying with us .on what visas can she travell and stay with us . we are yet to file for the visas.

Devang Palan,
Your mother is not eligible to travel with you and stay with you for the period of your L employment in the US.   She can travel on B-2 status, but she will be able to stay with you only for 3 months (or 6 if extension is approved).

Ramasamy Krishnan

Immigration Issues

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Ramasamy Krishnan


Immigration particularly business immigration and National Interest Waivers.


I have over 7 years of experience in all facets of immigration law. Specifically focusing on filing of National Interest Waivers (NIW), Alien of Extraordinary Ability and Outstanding Researchers/Professors petitions for Ph.D's and other advanced degree professionals. I have also assisted clients in numerous PERM, H-1b, L and other nonimmigrant visa applications. I am a partner at the law firm Ashley & Krishnan,

©2017 All rights reserved.