Immigration Issues/Getting Legal


I am a UK citizen, I came to the US on a tourist visa 20 years ago. I want to get myself straight.  My brother is naturalize. He recently filed an I30 for me.  Is that all I need? Also, can I travel outside the US while this is in process?

It takes around 8-10 years for you to obtain US permanent residency through a petition filed by your brother. I think that filing the I-130 would be detrimental to your ability to travel to the US on a visitor's visa due to your intent to immigrate to US.

Ramasamy Krishnan

Immigration Issues

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Ramasamy Krishnan


Immigration particularly business immigration and National Interest Waivers.


I have over 7 years of experience in all facets of immigration law. Specifically focusing on filing of National Interest Waivers (NIW), Alien of Extraordinary Ability and Outstanding Researchers/Professors petitions for Ph.D's and other advanced degree professionals. I have also assisted clients in numerous PERM, H-1b, L and other nonimmigrant visa applications. I am a partner at the law firm Ashley & Krishnan,

©2017 All rights reserved.