Immigration Issues/SOC CODE

Question
Dear Mr.Ajay
I filed my 140 and 485 concurrently in aug07.
I just noted that my I140 application has been filled out with a wrong SOC code 15-XXXX instead of the aproved labour code 17-xxxx.Attorney has however filled on the correct labour approval number and designation in I140.My case is still pending and i am expecting it to be taken in the next couple of months.Could you let me know what could be done now to avoid denial.Do they deny wihout RFE.Could we do something now to fix this problem.

Answer
Dear Bestin,

Since the correct category (EB-2 versus EB-3) is checked on the I-140 petition, and the job title, etc. are consistent with the certified  labor application, and the original certified labor application is attached to the I-140 petition, the I-140 petition should be approved without any problem.

We have never come across (or even heard about, anywhere) a RFE based on incorrect SOC code on the I-140 petition, and therefore no action is required.

Ajay K. Arora, Esq.
www.h1b1.com

Ajay K. Arora