Immigration Issues/Spouse didn't disclose previous marriage and divorce

My wife is a Mexican citizen here on a tourist visa.  We just got married in California, but she did not disclose that she is divorced when we applied for our marriage license.  Her previous marriage and divorce (to a Mexican citizen) occurred in Mexico over five years ago.

Now we will apply for her green card.  Will her failure to report her previous marriage and divorce come back to haunt us?

It is possible, but I would declare it now, and explain it as an unintended oversight when applying for the tourist visa. It will come out in the current application, and failure to declare will result in denial. Explaining the inconsistency is annoying, but not necessarily disaster. I advise you to get an attorney.

Alexander J. Hay

I am a U.S. lawyer with offices in Houston, Texas and in Belize. I can answer questions on U.S. Immigration, U.S. corporate law, and Offshore Tax and Asset Planning.
If you are on an H or L visa I am NOT GOING TO ANSWER your questions since they are usually highly fact oriented, and also you have a company attorney handling the whole thing. Call your own attorney please! If you disregard this request, don't be surprised if I answer with "homework question".

I am a U.S. attorney with offices in the United States and Belize. I have experience helping to protect assets, reduce taxes, and improve investment performance by utilizing global investment techniques.

Harvard University, A.B. degree; University of Houston Law Center, J.D. Degree; Fulbright Scholar