Immigration Issues/applying for h1b but married to american

Question
hi im an indian citizen currently applying for a h1b. my petition has been approved (before i was married) and i am now about to go for the visa interview, i am now married to an american citizen, will this affect my chances of getting the visa as it is a nonimmigrant visa?

Answer
Hi Preeth,

H and L visas are dual-intent visas, meaning that although they are nonimmigrant visas, they allow for intention to immigrate to the U.S. Therefore, you should be issued the H-1B visa.

Application for visitor or student visa, however, would be rejected as those categories do not allow for intention to immigrate to the U.S.

Ajay K. Arora, Esq.
www.h1b1.com

Ajay K. Arora