You are here:

Immigration Issues/change US visa status


Im currently working in UK. I recently visited US on B1/B2 visa and got married to my girl friend. She is already a US citizen holding US passport. Does she have to file 1-30 petition to sponser me or i can go to US again on my present visa and change the status to immigrant visa in which case how long does it take? or else if not possible how long does it take for 1-30 approval. please advise...

You are eligible to file your permanent residency (green card) without returning to the UK. You can file both the I-130 and I-485 simultaneously. I would suggest you to opt for this option rather than use visa processing in the UK.

Ramasamy Krishnan
Attorney at Law

Immigration Issues

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Ramasamy Krishnan


Immigration particularly business immigration and National Interest Waivers.


I have over 7 years of experience in all facets of immigration law. Specifically focusing on filing of National Interest Waivers (NIW), Alien of Extraordinary Ability and Outstanding Researchers/Professors petitions for Ph.D's and other advanced degree professionals. I have also assisted clients in numerous PERM, H-1b, L and other nonimmigrant visa applications. I am a partner at the law firm Ashley & Krishnan,

©2017 All rights reserved.