Immigration Issues/dependant mother


QUESTION: I am relocating to US with family on L1A. My mother is my dependant. What do I need to do to process an L2 for her.

ANSWER: Chetan,
There is no provision for her to obtain L-2 visa.


Ramasamy Krishnan

---------- FOLLOW-UP ----------

QUESTION: Would you able to let me know what is the max stay that a B2 holder can avail in one stretch and once out of USA what is the min period he/she should stay out of the country before re-entering.

They usually give B-2 visas for 3 months or six depending on the officer and if you request it. You can extend this for an additional 6 months. To return back again on B-2 it would depend on the officer, if he feels that you are misuing the B-2  visa to enter the US frequently he may deny entry and send you back.

Ramasamy Krishnan

Immigration Issues

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Ramasamy Krishnan


Immigration particularly business immigration and National Interest Waivers.


I have over 7 years of experience in all facets of immigration law. Specifically focusing on filing of National Interest Waivers (NIW), Alien of Extraordinary Ability and Outstanding Researchers/Professors petitions for Ph.D's and other advanced degree professionals. I have also assisted clients in numerous PERM, H-1b, L and other nonimmigrant visa applications. I am a partner at the law firm Ashley & Krishnan,

©2017 All rights reserved.