Immigration Issues/dependant mother

Question
QUESTION: I am relocating to US with family on L1A. My mother is my dependant. What do I need to do to process an L2 for her.

ANSWER: Chetan,
There is no provision for her to obtain L-2 visa.

Sincerely,

Ramasamy Krishnan
www.ashleykrishnan.com

QUESTION: Would you able to let me know what is the max stay that a B2 holder can avail in one stretch and once out of USA what is the min period he/she should stay out of the country before re-entering.

Answer
Chetan,
They usually give B-2 visas for 3 months or six depending on the officer and if you request it. You can extend this for an additional 6 months. To return back again on B-2 it would depend on the officer, if he feels that you are misuing the B-2  visa to enter the US frequently he may deny entry and send you back.

Sincerely,
Ramasamy Krishnan
www.ashleykrishnan.com

Ramasamy Krishnan