Immigration Issues/immigration

Question
QUESTION: I am an illegal alien, and I enter the U.S from the Dominican Republic. When I was only 11 yrs old with someone else's papers I think!?.. I'm now 25yrs and my boyfriend wants to get married with me for love and to also help me. We have 2 kids Born here in the USA! They all are American citizens. I have never committed a crime of any kind. I graduated from high school 2001 and I want to start a career. My parents were never there for me and I don’t even know them!

He wants to work on getting me Legalized! I'm just a girl with a lot of dreams and goals that I want accomplish in life and this situation it's not letting me grow as a person. What’s the best thing for us to do? And to do it quick and legal!?

Thank you

Irene

Orlando,Fl

ANSWER: Since you entered on someone else's papers it is like entering without a visa. Therefore, you are not eligible to get your green card here and if you leave the US to process your green card in your country, you will become subject to a 10 year bar that you will need to get approved for a pardon in order to get back sooner.

Robert

QUESTION: well, if we get married.. it wont at least give me a 2 yrs residency. and stay? or i would have to leave the usa even if we get married? and wait 10yrs

ANSWER: You are not eligible to interview here to get your conditional or permanent residence. You have to process abroad and if you leave to process you are subject to a 10 year bar for your illegal time here and subject to being inadmissable due to the visa fraud you committed. You would need a waiver for that as well.

Robert

QUESTION: I DIDN'T COMMITED ANY FRAUD..I WAS A MINOR! ONLY 11 YRS OLD I DIDN'T
MAKE THE CHOICE TO COME HERE. I WAS BROUGHT HERE BY SOMEONE.
AND LIKE I SAID BEFORE; I WASNT RAISED BY MY PARENTS MY MOTHER
ABANDOMED ME WHEN I WAS ONLY 1 YRS OLD. SHE GAVE ME AWAY AND
SOMEONE TRY TO GIVE ME A BETTER LIFE BY BRINGING ME HERE TO MY REAL
FAMILY IN THE USA WHICH THEY ARE ALL AMERICAN CITIZENS.
IM A GOOD PERSON WITH NO CRIMINAL BACKROUND OR ANY FRAUD.
I WAS A MINOR!

Answer
Because of your age and solely because you were only 11 they will probably not charge you with fraud. However, you are still not eligible to get your interview here. You must process abroad and when you leave you become subject to the 10 year bar for your illegal time here. You will need a pardon approved befoe they will grant you residence. The pardons are not easy to get. If you do not get approved for the pardon you will not be able to return legally for 10 years.

Robert

Robert Hollander<B> Esq.</B>