Immigration Issues/I-131

Question
I have a pending I-485 application but I need to come back to the Philippines to pursue my studies for the coming school year so I also filed form I-131 together. The thing is I should be leaving the US by the last week of May to be able to enroll for the upcoming semester but I am not sure if my Travel Document will come in time. Is there any way to expedite the process? I have heard some cases where they got theirs for only one day or a week, and they just went directly to the local office. How does that work? I don't want to abandon my application and fail to attend the upcoming sem. What are my options? Hoping for your response. Thanks

Answer
Hi Armand,

If there is an "emergency", you can make an appointment with the local USCIS office through Infopass at https://infopass.uscis.gov/info_en.php and take the I-131 and I-485 receipt with you along with evidence of registration for classes in the Philippines. If the USCIS deems it to be an emergency, the local office may grant you advance parole document the same day.

Ajay K. Arora, Esq.
www.h1b1.com

Ajay K. Arora