Immigration Issues/I-485 DELAY AFTER 1-140 APPROVAL!!

Question
I receive the i-140 approval in Jan,9th, 2008. The i-485 was filed in Oct, 10th, 2006 with all the Fingerprints, pictures and medical exams associated with the process. 45 days ago a legal documentation was requested from me andmy family to check names. Question? How long more will be the worst case scenario to receive the i-485 and Green card?

Answer
Jose,
It is difficult to predict how the USCIS works.  The general rule is that you should receive your green card six months after your I-140 is approved.  However, there are sometimes delays that slow the process in a few cases.  Thus, if all goes well, I feel you should receive your card in less than three months.
Good Luck
Mark Ashley
www.ashleykrishnan.com

Mark Ashley