Immigration Issues/Advance parole usage

Question

Hello Ramasamy Krishnan:  I have a question on “Travel Document (Advance Parole(AP))”.  I have my AP and am planning to visit India in August 2008, I do have valid H1 until 2009 but I do NOT have valid “Visa Stamp on my passport”.  Obviously, I have to get a new visa stamp this time, if I go to India.  Is there any possibilities to get refused my visa or may get delay for more than three months, in that case, can I use my AP?  If I use my AP, what will happen to my H1 status?  Will I loose my H1 status and should I use EAD?

I am really confused with that, I really appreciate you for your response/view/opinion in this matter

Thanks for your help

Dhana

Answer
Dhana,
I cannot answer the question on the possiblity of refusal without knowing details about your case. And this not possible on this forum.

If denied you can use your AP to re-enter the US. On doing so you will become a parolee and not H-1B status holder.  But you can then file for an extension/change H-1B application to revert back to the H status.

Ramasamy Krishnan