Immigration Issues/EAD and H1b

Question
sir,
i have my ead and wife is on H4 and does not have EAD.

i am thinking of working a part time job on EAD while working primarly on H1b with my main company..

is this legal or will i considered to be illegal..

currently my 485 is pending and waiting on approval of green card..

i have mixed answers from different people where they say u cant work part time job on EAD until u get ur green card

please throw some light on this

THnks

Sam

Answer
Sam,
You are right, there are different views on whether working part time on EAD while in H-1B status is allowed or not. As of now there is no definite guidance from the USCIS on this subject. My advise is for you is not work on your EAD if you wish to maintain your nonimmigrant status.

Sincerely,
Ramasamy Krishnan
www.ashleykrishnan.com

Ramasamy Krishnan