Immigration Issues/H1 processing...want to apply for F2

Question
I have a H1 petetion approved, which is under processing(got 221g, henceforth its under Administrative Processing).

Since i do not know how long it would take for Administrative Processing, I would like to apply F2, cince my husband is in US on F1.
1. Please tell me if i apply for F2, will i H1 be discarded or suspended, will H1 processing get affected?
2. Will my F2 stamping have any problems because of my H1 getting processed?
3. Would I need to come to my home country for H1 stamping later or can be donít during my stay on F2 in USA?
4. How much finance do i need to show for F2 stamping?
Any suggestion/advice is most welcome. Please help. Thanks in advance.

Answer
1.  Application for an F visa will not harm your H1 application but you will not be allowed to have two visas at the same time.
2.  No, if eligible for F2 they should give you one.
3.  Yes, you have to go to your Home country or to a US consulate in Mexico or Canada for H stamping.
4.  There is not set amount but you must show that both you and your husband can support yourself in the US during your stay.
Good Luck
Mark Ashley
www.ashleykrishnan.com

Mark Ashley