You are here:

Immigration Issues/H1B-part time-own bussines


Hi Mark, thank you for answering my question.
The facts are: I'm under H1B with a stable job, but I need more money, can I look for a part time? can I start my own business? What do I have to do in any of the two cases?
Thank you...

You may get a part time job but you would still need to file for an H1B with the part time job as well.  You could start your own company and work for the company as an H1B employee but you would have to comply with the employer requirments of the H1B.  I cannot advise you on all the steps in this forum as they are too numerous for me to list.
Good Luck
Mark Ashley

Immigration Issues

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Mark Ashley


Business Immigration. My practice focuses on representing researchers, scholars, and other advanced degree professionals with filing NIW, EB-1,O-1, H-1, L-1 petitions. I am a founding partner in the immigration law firm Ashley & Krishnan,


18 years as a practicing attorney.

Member of AILA

JD from St. Mary's University, Texas.

Awards and Honors
American Jurisprudence Award recipient

©2017 All rights reserved.