Immigration Issues/H4 to F1


Dear Sir

My husband's I140 has been approved but I have not been added as a dependent on that. I want to change my status from H4 to F1. Will that be possible with a status change in the country. If I leave the country will I face problems at the counsulate during stamping even if my name was not included in his I140

Would be grateful if u reply

You should be able to change from H-4 to F-1 since you have not applied for any immigrant visa. For visa stamping purposes you would need to satisfy the consulate officer that you do not intend to immigrate.

Ramasamy Krishnan

Immigration Issues

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Ramasamy Krishnan


Immigration particularly business immigration and National Interest Waivers.


I have over 7 years of experience in all facets of immigration law. Specifically focusing on filing of National Interest Waivers (NIW), Alien of Extraordinary Ability and Outstanding Researchers/Professors petitions for Ph.D's and other advanced degree professionals. I have also assisted clients in numerous PERM, H-1b, L and other nonimmigrant visa applications. I am a partner at the law firm Ashley & Krishnan,

©2017 All rights reserved.