Immigration Issues/H4 to F1

Question
Dear Sir

My husband's I140 has been approved but I have not been added as a dependent on that. I want to change my status from H4 to F1. Will that be possible with a status change in the country. If I leave the country will I face problems at the counsulate during stamping even if my name was not included in his I140

Would be grateful if u reply

Answer
Asha,
You should be able to change from H-4 to F-1 since you have not applied for any immigrant visa. For visa stamping purposes you would need to satisfy the consulate officer that you do not intend to immigrate.

Sincerely,
Ramasamy Krishnan
www.ashleykrishnan.com

Ramasamy Krishnan