Immigration Issues/Immigration

Question
Dear Sir

I am working on H-1 from Oct 2007 and I am changing my status from H-1 to F-1 and I will file the I-539 change of status on April 5 and on April 6 I will move to Newyork so the letter which I will get from my employer will stated that I was still working that will create problem because USCIS will suspect because I will study in Newyork and the job is in Oklahoma. Please help me

thanks
Rojan

Answer
Hi Rojan,

The USCIS will not care about New York/Oklahoma issues. The question is whether you are employed at the time that the I-539 application is filed. This is shown through attaching recent pay stubs from the H-1B employer and perhaps W-2 for 2007 if you were employed in 2007.

Ajay K. Arora, Esq.
www.h1b1.com

Ajay K. Arora