Immigration Issues/OPT/H1/F1. Please help.

Hello Mark,
I am on OPT which expires in Jan 2009. My company has applied H1B for me in advanced degree quota on 04/02/2008. In parallel, I applied and got admitted to another masters degree in university for study (in case my H1 is denied). If the university issues my new I-20 (suppose on 04/20/2008) after I get H1 approval (suppose on 04/18/2008); what will be my status(H1 or F1) till october and after october? Thanks for your help.

If your F1 gets approved on 4/20/2008 you will be on F1 and it will not affect your H1B application.  If the company applied for a change of status on your H1B case beginning on October 1, 2008, you would change to H1B on that date.
Good Luck
Mark Ashley

Mark Ashley

Business Immigration. My practice focuses on representing researchers, scholars, and other advanced degree professionals with filing NIW, EB-1,O-1, H-1, L-1 petitions. I am a founding partner in the immigration law firm Ashley & Krishnan,

18 years as a practicing attorney.

Member of AILA

JD from St. Mary's University, Texas.

American Jurisprudence Award recipient