Immigration Issues/Priority Date for May 2008

Question
My priority date is Dec 1, 2003 in EB2 and the May 2008 bulletin makes it available. We had filed only one I-485 in July 2007 with two approval notices asking to carry forward dates of December 2003 EB3 approval notice to Jan 2007 EB2 approval notice and process the I-485 as per EB2 approval notice.

It has already been more then six months since filing and now as it becomes available and can i use of these options now:-

Can i send a reminder letter to them to process my application in May 2008? Can i request a congressman to request them to expedite my processing or Should i make an infopass appointment to convey my request and see the case status  as well?

Please suggest me any of these or other steps so that my case gets highlighted for processing in the month of May 2008.

regards....

Answer
Hi John,

You can take all 3 steps noted in your email. The website for infopass is https://infopass.uscis.gov/info_en.php

However, since the I-485 was filed only in July, 2007, the USCIS is inundated with these applications, and that is why processing times are so slow even though there is visa availability. Therefore, check the processing times here: https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/jsps/ptimes.jsp and take action if I-485 is pending at a processing center outside the projected timesframes.

Ajay K. Arora, Esq.
www.h1b1.com

Ajay K. Arora